Greek Potato and Tomato Bake
This tasty Greek inspired dish works well as a side dish, and has a great flavor. Sometimes, my wife and I just eat this as a main course with a salad and some fruit. Enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 1/4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut vertically into wedges
- Fresh ground pepper and salt, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute to release the flavor.
- Place the tomatoes in the pan, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Take the pan off the stove and add the mixture to a greased casserole.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- You can serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- When serving add some fresh parsley to garnish.